Friday, February 8, 2008

What?! Romney leaves the race!



I cannot believe it. Mitt Romney is withdrawing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination. Even though McCain is the clear winner, I thought Romney would hold out for a while longer. Leaving at this stage of the game was a tough decision for Mitt, who said, "In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose. If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country."


Romney had a good showing - he won the Iowa caucuses and later grabbed Massachusetts, Alaska, Minnesota, Colorado and Utah on Super Tuesday. His reasons for withdrawing seem admirable and I can't help but empathize with him.


Cheer up, Mitt! You did well.


No comments: