Thursday, February 14, 2008

Job's The Man

That's all you got? Gimme more.

- Sitting in my seat on the plane, minding my own business, planning to drink my ice cold water. Mr. Ex-Footballer returns to his seat, not gracefully, and upends the entire contents of my water on to my lap

- Checking into hotel after long day, waiting 15 mins for manager to return as he is the only one who knows which rooms are clean. Finally get assigned a room. Enter room, walk a few steps, see opened suitcases and a used bathroom. Wait half-an-hour until I am re-assigned to a new room, that is not only clean, but where I am the only occupant

- Logging onto computer and greeted by blue screen of death. Several reboots later, blue screen of death still grins at me. Well, there's always the Blackberry, except of course for the North American outage and the Sim Card Errors that choose to coincide with the blue screen dilemma

- Ordering a veggie burrito at the airport and requesting that it be cut in half. No. They can't cut it in half, because the law in that state says it is illegal for them to cut people's sandwiches. However, I was given a plastic knife and plate so that I could cut the burrito in half myself. Who cuts a fat veggie burrito with a plastic knife? (Note: I am still stunned about the law...need to research that one)

Through it all I think of Job in the Old Testament. I am alive. I am healthy. There is no death. I have food to eat and family and friends and faith. I am not Job. These situations are nothing compared to what he went through and survived and was blessed.

Bring it on. Gimme more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_(Biblical_figure)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurry with that research. I too am interested. Ridiculous waste of time and paper to print such a law !!!

Unknown said...

Wonder if Bush is aware of that law? He of all people should want things cut in half.

Keri said...

lol!! poor mr. pretzel

Tamii said...

I usually ask for a plastic knife so that I can cut it myself because if they cut it, chances are the knife they use will have cut a meatball sub previously. But if you're lucky they'll wipe it 'clean' in a dry towel.

Unknown said...

Keri, you must write a book about all your experiences. Your blogs on your travels never cease to amuse me.

Keri said...

Good point, Tamii.

Keri said...

Thanks, Khaliah!

I really couldn't believe it when I got soaked with the ice cold water. Wow.