Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Urban Rebounding


Yesterday, I participated in my first Urban Rebounding class at the New York Health and Racquet club. It was so much fun!

During my Tony Robbins seminar in Nov. (see http://kerijam.blogspot.com/2007/11/this-weekend-tony-kissed-me.html for details) , Tony recommended that we purchase rebounders and do 25-30 mins of rebounding daily. Why?

Tony cited the following 7 benefits of rebounding:


1) The vertical use of acceleration, deceleration, and gravity provide the ideal conditions for cleansing cells

2) Rebounding is a true cellular exercise. It builds physical cellular strength by challenging the structure of each cell. This strengthening of the cells helps to protect against degenerative disease

3) It leads to improved posture, increased vascularity, better muscle tone, enhanced timing, sharper vision, greater coordination, better balance, more rhythm, and elevated energy levels

4) By working against the constant gravitational pressure while bouncing, you resist the earth's pull. Gravity becomes a force for the good of your entire body

5) Rebounding will let you improve the working of your heart muscle by improving the tone and quality of the muscle itself and by increasing the coordination of the fibers as they wring blood out of the heart during each beat

6) It provides the stimulus for a free-flowing lymphatic drainage system, which helps rid your body of toxins, cancer cells, wastes, trapped protein, bacteria, viruses, and other waste the cells cast off

7) When you are rebounding, you are flooding the cells with oxygen. This enables them to convert glucose into ATP and also into glycogen. Thus, rebounding can actually increase your ability to convert glucose into glycogen. Further it may be possible to train your body (through consistent lymphasizing) to store this glycogen and have it released when you need it for a sudden burst of energy

All that - and it's fun too!

The class at the gym lasted approximately 55 mins. We had a great instructor and high-energy music. The instructor was gentle with the newbies in the class and gave us a couple minute tutorial at the start of the session. Thank God!

I was proud of myself as I tried some of the more complicated moves, and never once fell off the rebounder! I was surprised to find myself smiling during the class - I felt so carefree bouncing through the air. I can't wait for the next session :).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love rebounding! I rebound for 25 mins daily as part of my rituals. I'm gonna check that rebounding class out! Thanks for posting this info.

Michelle