Tuesday, November 6, 2007

This Weekend Tony Kissed Me

"There is always room in your life for thinking bigger, pushing limits and imagining the impossible" - Tony Robbins


I just came back from one of the most amazing 4-days of my life. And, I will never be the same again. Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!

My parents and I met up in Atlanta - they flew in from Jamaica, I flew in from NYC - on Thursday night in order to attend this event, along with 3,000 other people:




We stayed with my dad's sister and her daughters for the trip - thanks to the Gayles for their usual warm hospitality.

Before this event in Atlanta, my first experience of Tony was via one of his books - Awaken the Giant Within - which I read several years ago. After reading the book, I was inspired to take action at work and was able to drive significant impact in a short period of time. Ever since, I had always wanted to attend one of Tony's live events. The opportunity came this year, and I invited my family to join me. Unfortunately, my sisters were unable to make the trip (Tessa, and Tamii - please put this event on your Life Must Do List), but thankfully my parents came. Being a part of Unleash the Power Within was truly a gift and we loved ever millisecond of the experience.

The event started before 10am each day, except for Friday, and on average ended at 10:30pm, except for Monday where we ended earlier. My parents and I had a blast. We pushed ourselves, actively participated and met some really great people. Over the 4-day weekend we not only walked on fire (literally), but we were privy to deep and practical life insights based on Tony's 30-years of

  • learning from top global experts
  • reading over 700 books
  • practicing the ideas on himself first - getting the results, and then distilling the learnings into easily understood principles
  • transforming the lives of millions of people around the world

In effect, we were able to gain insights based on ~ 30-years of intense work during a 4-day time period - talk about not having to re-create the wheel!!

Tony Robbins in person is pure magic. Aside from stature - he's a very fit 6' 7", he wowed us with his multiple talents. He is one of the most well-read/knowledgeable men on the planet. He is charismatic, energetic and has an obvious deep caring for and connection with humanity. Tony started from very humble roots and rapidly rose to extraordinary success, e.g. he made $400 million in one day when his company went public. His ultimate passion is serving others and enabling them to live outstanding lives: he has shared his toolkit with over 3 million people worldwide; acts as advisor for the top talent in the world across sports, business, health, etc.; and makes significant annual contributions to charitable programs. Tony practices what he preaches and his life stands as such an amazing testimony. You cannot help but me inspired to act by this man.

Another great part of the event, was the impact on my relationship with my parents. I already thought that my parents were fantastic, and through this event I found that my respect for them could go even deeper as I learned more about their passions, their goals and experienced even more how much they love and support me. Also, they got mad cool points too - you have to go to the event to understand more about this...let's just say loud music, water guns and hot coal.

Oh, and it doesn't end there....Tony kissed me...on the cheek (he's married, guys)! I was able to meet him up close and personal on Sunday night, and he shook my hand and kissed my cheek. I will never bathe again. I was touched by a legend. Haha.

I highly recommend Unleash the Power Within, and encourage you all to sign-up and make sure to bring with you

  • an open mind
  • a willingness to listen to and try new concepts and
  • your party hat and dancing shoes


Now, a day after the event, I cannot go back to where I was before attending. I am already leveraging the momentum to push the limits and create adventure for myself on a different level - which includes joining one of Tony's next stage programs where I will have the privilege of accessing more of his time and insights. I cannot wait!!

Cheers to much bigger, and much better. Thank you, Tony. Thank you!!


www.tonyrobbins.com/Home/Intro.aspx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He kissed us all with his magic !!!

Angel Brown said...

must be a new concept this kiss thing *-)

Unknown said...

I prefer to party in some flats.

Tamii said...

Mek di Christmas ketch you in a good mood...

Sing wid me..(Tessa? Angel?)

Keri said...

Flats are welcome, Tess. Just party!!!!

Keri said...

Nothing like Christmas in Jamaica!!!