Monday, December 31, 2007

I Left My Toe at the Salon



I have heard horror stories about women getting infected, bruised, etc. at the nail salon, but thankfully, I had never experienced such nightmares.

Until today.

Due to time constraints, I decided to go for a "no frills" pedicure at a reputable boutique salon. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my regular attendant and ouch! did I feel the difference.

My first clue of danger should have been when I had to alert the attendant that the tub of sudsy water that I was going to soak my feet in was about to bubble over on to the floor. Isn't keeping the water inside the container a core module in Pedicuring 101?

I soon found out that my attendant really hated cuticles. She hated them so much that she plucked my big toe clean until it bled. She then proceeded to pull and pull on the flesh of my other digits with her instruments so that I was unable to take my usual nap, and was in semi-pain throughout the procedure.

Ah well, I suppose one bleeding big toe and a few roughed up other toes is not that bad in the grand scheme of things. I can still walk, the blood is not dripping on to the floor and my pedicured toes look great.

I am scheduled to get my eyebrows done next...should I dare?!!