Friday, October 12, 2007

Althea Smith Wins Award!!



Congratulations, Althea!!

My mother was recently awarded a great honour. Her congregation was asked to select a faithful, hardworking sister who best met the following criteria:
  • Consistent service to the church
  • Dedication to the growth of the church
  • Shows genuine concern for others in the body
  • Supports the work of the church

St. Andrew Church of Christ, Jamaica, selected my mother for this award.

Congratulations, Mom! You have always been a great example of generosity, humility and willingness to put others needs above your own.

We are so proud of you!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's Mummy to you!
YAAAAYYYY!!! Congrats Mummy. You certainly deserve it!

Unknown said...

I thank God for being the strength of my life. Thanks to my family (Trevor, Keri, Tessa and Tamii) for the love and support over the years. With these blessings I am able to do what I do and I enjoy it. St. Andrew church of Christ has played a special part in my life and I am grateful for this honour.

Keri said...

Great acceptance speech, Mom!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mrs. Smith! Your work, witness and faith for Christ and His Church is exemplary!

Tamii said...

We are proud of you Mums. You did a great job at Ladies' Day. The audience was involved from beginning to end. God is good, amen.

Angel Brown said...

In spite of the Watermelons & Wig shortcomings....
I've heard good reviews of her speech. The body guard at the door gave me a hard time mentioning something about a gender admission and I could have gotten a Bligh if I had carried my wig and watermelons. Who walks with those on a holiday. So I missed the speech.
Congrats on your Award Queen

Unknown said...

Thanks to you all. Friends and family are so important in one's life. I crave your continued prayers.

Racquel said...

Congrats Sis. Smith..my wonderful friend and sister.
I am so pround of you and your accomplishments. I love you and feel very proud to be associated with you and your family. Continue to live a Christ-centred life. Blessings always!