Friday, October 12, 2007

Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize (Today)!!!!



Congratulations, Al Gore!!!



Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize! I am so impressed and stunned. Great job, Al. You kept at it and look at how far you have come. Presidency or Nobel Peace Prize? Well, if you can't have both, I would definitely go for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Former VP Al (aged 59) and the UN's Intergovernmental Panel won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize today for their work on raising awareness about man-made climate change and how to proactively address the associated impact.

"I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize," Gore said. "We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity."*

I am proud of you, Al...so excited about your accomplishment. (Why am I this happy?? Hmm...let's not focus on that now). Enjoy this great honour, Al!!


Additional details:



*Quote via Associated Press

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a fan of what he stands up for. it is a pity the little shrub...called Bush, was awarded the presidency and not him