Saturday, January 6, 2007

Wake Up, Brit! You may still have a chance...

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity -- Albert Einstein

I gave up Britney Spears several years before it was fashionable. I was never too embarrassed to admit that I liked her music. She was an edgy, charismatic performer with catchy songs. My period of loyalty ended in early 2004. I got bored when Britney stopped releasing music and any publicity about her was related to her love life (she married Kevin Federline in 2004).

In 2006, Britney - mother of 2 - announced her split from K-Fed, now known as FedEx. It was with mild interest I watched to see how she would handle this unique comeback opportunity. Britney still had a huge fan base and had removed the underwhelming and widely disliked FedEx. Post-dump, the news has not been positive. Pictures of indecent exposure and signs of risky living have caused fans to leave in droves. I don't care enough to be disappointed in Britney, but I hate to see her waste the opportunity.

I hope the new year will bring better news for Britney. If a miracle happens, I may even re-join the fan club.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wouldn't it be nice for Ms Britney Spears to read this. It would have an impact.