Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bed Head




Sometimes she surprises me. She is very different... her thoughts, her actions, her desires...all are clear opposites of my typical style. She and I have intense conversations, we negotiate about what we think the best plan of action should be and she often wins...unless I am standing firm.

She is Bed Head.

Getting out of bed can be a real challenge on some days. The inertia is overwhelming. I try to convince myself that it is really in my best interest to move, that I must get up now, but Bed Head is stubborn, she wants more sleep. She doesn't want to be dominated by responsibilities. She is in charge and sleep is her priority. Her tactics are very successful.

My only hope of winning is to somehow get out of the bed. It is tricky, but the moment my feet touch the floor, Bed Head disappears. Her arguments no longer exist. I am left feeling surprised by what she was able to convince me to do, but happy that she has released her grip for now.

4 comments:

Angel Brown said...

I think I got Bed Head and her family (bed post, bed spring, bed spread, bedroom...) having their grips on me morning time because one person can't be that strong! My office hours are horrible!

Unknown said...

Bed Head usually stays with me for the whole day. Can't shake her at all.

Unknown said...

What if I sleep sitting up? Will it be easier for Bed Head to release her stranglehold on me?

Funny, I don't have any time for her in the wee hours of the morning - she doesn't go to very many parties...

Tamii said...

Ok try this:

- Before retiring, set your alarm clock.

- Position alarm clock feet away from arm's length.

- At wake up time, you will only have 2 options: sleep through the "obnoxious alarm" or get up to turn it off. By the time you get up, you will be way too annoyed to go back to sleep*.

(* Results may vary)