Monday, January 1, 2007

Setting Up My Blog

January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

As I think about what I would like to achieve in 2007, one thing that continues to ring true for me is : be ye passionate and also consistent. I am motivated by what I feel passionate about....the high energy levels and intense focus associated with passion result in states of extreme productivity for me. However, this is often short-term, as when the initial blitzes of energy fade, there is nothing left to facilitate forward momentum. Passion alone cannot be my sole basis for achievement and so I have added be ye "also consistent". Alongside passion, I must also put in place mechanisms to support follow through.

What am I passionate about? Writing. I had early career goals of pursuing creative writing or journalism. During college I took several philosophy, and literature courses, and did a couple-article stint at the college newspaper. It was during this time that I realized how much I enjoyed expressing myself through written communication. After college, I continued to write on and off for various church bulletins in the US and Jamaica and distinguished myself in my management consultant career as someone with strong editorial talent. So, yes, I am passionate about writing, but I have never committed to it in any consistent manner. Well, it is Jan 1 2007 and since passion now must be accompanied by consistency...my search is on for the appropriate support mechanism(s) for writing.

Enter...My New Blog! (At some point this narrative had to connect to the title Setting Up My Blog) I realized that by setting up and maintaining a blog I would simultaneously tap into passion and consistency. Passion, by having an outlet for written creativity, and consistency, by having to satisfy my many readers (hint!! plug for my blog!) with interesting and fresh items to read. Let the blogging begin...happy reading!!

Cheers to a passionate and consistent 2007!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Keri turned blogger?! Fantastic idea, and I love the blog tremendously already... All the best for 2007 - chat soon!

Angel Brown said...

I will work to be consistent with my passions as well. Thanks for creating this Blog. It's really nice.

Unknown said...

This is amazing Keri. Keep up the progress.

Tamii said...

This is exciting
Pray that I can be a consistent blog-checker. Let me add that to my resolutions...brb.

Tamii said...

This is exciting ! I will be a consistent blog-checker. Let me add that to my resolutions...brb!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Smith, It was with great pleasure that I started reading your comments, but since I am a horrible reader I only got through the first line!.... Wish you all the best for this new year. J

Keri said...

Wow - thank you all for your comments. You are wonderful! Keep 'em coming!!

Unknown said...

Yo sis, nice move. Ekow wants his royalties for using his pictures.

BTW, why not send (I might regret suggesting this) a link when there is an update to help those of us who are slackers to remember to read and comment? A

Sando said...

So now I can chat with you online and also be posted on whats going on with you. I like the vintage picture of your mom. This is cool!!!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogosphere. It's fun.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your creativity - nice style. I helped myself to a good dose of "mental vitamins" and also enjoyed the pics of your family and friends.
Best Wishes for a grand 2007
Revathy (Anjali's mum)

Unknown said...

Hey, Keri!

I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd like to find my old friend. I'm Jelena from Slovenia and I had a penpal from Jamaica, whose name was Tamii Smith. I'd like to get in touch with her again, that's how I found your blog. Maybe, we're not talking about the same Tamii, but it's not a sin to try. Is it possible to ask her if she remembers me? thnx, J.