Saturday, January 6, 2007

Friendly Expectations

In this moment I know that I am loved, I am special, I am not alone...my life has again been blessed by you.

Yesterday, you held me accountable. You challenged me to the point of tears. You wouldn't allow me to compromise the greatness you see in me. You accepted no excuses and demanded action.

Today, you listened. You valued what I had to say. There was no awkwardness, I freely shared my thoughts - goals, fears, and insecurities. I wasn't intruding, wasn't wasting your time. You wanted to hear more.

Tomorrow, you will laugh. You will tease me about taking life and myself so seriously. We will relax and take a moment for ourselves. You will make sure that I have fun.

Each day that you are my friend, I am blessed. Your participation in my life is a rare gift. Thank you. Expect me to return the favour.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Keri, I'm thoroughly enjoying your writing! You are truly gifted. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Great work Keri - keep it up!

Unknown said...

very nice Keri. Ekow and I love this!

Unknown said...

loving this Keri! you should rally start working on that book...