Sunday, March 16, 2008

Good Friends with a Liar

Recently I realized how easy lying was for you
I saw you lie to save face
Was OK with you lying to justify a greater good
Heard you lie to get your own way
Was with you when you lied for convenience

You always lie...
maybe because it is the only tool you have honed
and because it seems to work so well
so far, I have let it slide
But doubts have surfaced
and while I believe I am in your inner circle,
As I sit here with you and examine your beautiful, smiling face
As I am again enraptured by your pleasing words
I wonder, how much of us is a lie too


Keri S. Smith

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord; but those who deal truly are His delight." Proverbs 12:22

"For we have made lies our refuge, an under falsehood have we hid ourselves..." Isaiah 28:15

Slip quietly out of that inner circle.

Keri said...

Thanks, Mum. Momma knows best!