Friday, July 27, 2007

Blogging from the Plane


Woke up from my nap on the flight back from Indianapolis to New York to find that we had landed. Good - great to be home. Then I heard that we had landed in Virginia. What exactly happened while I slept???

Word on the street is that we needed to refuel. However, I am here sitting on the runway and conflicting rumours abound. Apparently we have 1) refuelled and no one knows why we are waiting; 2) the person who is supposed to refuel didn't come to work and so apparently we wait indefinitely; 3) we have refuelled, but because of the weather, La Guardia airport is closed and will re-open at some point in the future.

Sensing a potential uproar, the flight attendant just handed us another bag of pretzels. The pilot hesitantly walked to the bathroom and was accosted with: why are we here? when will we leave? we want our mummies...Well, Mr. Pilot is just as lost as we are and said that he is waiting for "management" to tell him what is going on.

Now some passengers are speaking about their rights, while others are cussing to friends on their cells. I think I may be the only one currently online blogging. I must say that after all the grief that my Verizon Wireless card has given me, today it has redeemed itself. Let's see how long it lasts.

I hope I will get home someday. In the meantime I remain calm, and look forward to the next round of pretzels. Oh! the drink cart is coming... I hear the options are ginger ale or ginger ale...

How's your Friday night?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes!!! Am in the same situation at Newark airport. We were on the plane, but due to weather issues somewhere in America, we had to de-plane and are "on indefinite hold"... BTW, a similar thing happened last week out of Newark, but instead the flight was cancelled. Would be really nice to get home... Happy (sad for me) Friday night!

Anonymous said...

This is a great story to represent the wonderful world of consulting. I have lost my luggage two weekends in a row!

Keri said...

Haha - Sejal, I mean anonymous. These delays can really drive one bonkers!

Keri said...

Karyn,

Thank God we finally both made it home! My flight was scheduled to arrive at 6pm, but I got in at 2am. Wonderful. I was just glad to have made it home!

Unknown said...

glad u reached home safe. did they ever tell the passengers the reason for the delay. i bet the pretzels were stale1!!!!