Monday, June 16, 2008

Embracing my inner goddess




Saturday was beautiful and I felt like a goddess.

I started the morning by renewing my mind with passages from the Bible. Mostly from the Book of Romans. Once my head was in check, I decided it was time to renew the body...and so I went for a 48 min. bike ride in the cool of the morning on the West side. It was then time for kayaking on the Hudson River...but first I had to run for ~20 minutes to get to the boathouse. I did a few laps around the approved area on the Hudson and then just leaned way back in my kayak, and enjoyed the scenery, and sunny weather, as I peacefully floated about in my little boat. Amazing!

After kayaking, I walked back to my apartment - feeling oh-so-fit and on top of the world. (I am slowly but surely finding my way back to my extreme sports passion and my inner tomgirl. Loving it!!)

I closed out the day by spending several hours visiting with a sister from church. It was great to hang out in her neck of the woods and learn more about:

*what it was like to live in the South during the '50's and '60s

*how far NY has come over the decades and

*what it takes to sustain 55 years of wedded comfort


What a beautiful day! I am so blessed.

No comments: