Monday, April 30, 2007

April 2007 Birthday Celebrations


Thank you for the calls, emails, text messages, cards, e-cards, gifts, visits - some belated, some not - all appreciated! I was touched.

Fortunately this year I was blessed to have my mother in town for my birthday. She cooked a fantastic dinner for 16 on the special day and we had fun celebrating at the new apartment. The dinner included sweet and sour fish, mac and cheese, corn salad, fried rice, split pea casserole, salad, and my favourite since childhood - Family Fruit cake. Yummy! Thank you mom for preparing such a feast.

Also, yes, you did read correctly - we had a dinner party for 16. The apartment has now graduated from the "family only" stage to the "it is safe to allow a wider group inside without embarrassing yourself " stage. Warm thanks to my family for facilitating this transformation.

Finally, special thanks to God for granting me another year on this planet. Here's to living life to the fullest! We have one shot, let's make the most of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think you know how much I really enjoyed my visit with you. You, Keri, made it so special for me and I thank you. Everything went very well and I would love to be back there for the next birthday. Cooking for 32 next year did you say?....no problem whatsoever. Love you !!!