Monday, November 10, 2008

Greatest Time Waster Known to Man

Darn pretty colors!
Alluring, entertaining
Hotter than reality
Feel...brain...turning...to...mush
Don't care, must keep soaking it up
Yeah, sometimes you hear the conscience
And to assuage the guilt, you make it all legit
For heaven's sake - I am watching educational programs
So what if it was four hours? This is CNN, man
When that argument falls flat, you try the 'pity me' route
It was a long day! I worked hard! Don't you dare blame me for wanting to relax with shows where you don't have to think
Now, you're secretly getting sick of the routine
You see yourself mirrored in some of the losers in the glass
T.V. is the love of your life
You worship this piece of junk
And while that should sadden you...terrify you
You look up and it's still on
You're transfixed
The stupid monster, your best friend, just won't go away
And the hours pass and days go by
Dreams turn to dust
You consider killing the beast
Cancel cable? Sell the contraption?
But what about your buddies - Larry King? David Letterman? Lauren Conrad (*gag*)
Do we really need such extremes?
Couldn't we just be disciplined and turn the stupid thing off
Ha-ha-ha
Addiction doesn't go away that quickly
I need rehab
Rehab
Rehab
Less I am convicted of murdering my best friend in the world
Doesn't sound so bad really
Once past withdrawal, productivity will rule the day
And I will finally be free

Keri S. Smith

3 comments:

Daynes Journey said...

Hey Keri:
Great work..I agree with you...I need rehab at times...sometimes this beast takes over my mind...it takes away my mine..and leaves me wondering..time where have you gone..

Dayne

Keri said...

Thanks, Dayne! TV can be a real killer. The ultimate electronic income reducer.

Keri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.