Saturday, May 23, 2009

MOVE

I started to cry
The tears wouldn't stop
It was so beautiful to see her
Young and proud, dancing her heart out for someone she loved
Doing whatever she could to support finding a cure for him
If a cure was even possible
As I watched her
I thought about my own hopes, my big dreams...my purpose yet unfulfilled
And I cried
I was so proud of her, so inspired
And honestly, I was cut to the core by her example
She shone a bright light on my inaction
So much talk, and yet no consistent momentum
As she danced, spoke boldly for her cause
I was impressed
I looked at her through my tears, and felt grateful
Thank you so much for your example, for the lesson
You reminded me that there is just no excuse
Get up
Move, act, do something...anything
Praise Him with your talents
MOVE
GET OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
MOVE, MOVE, MOVE
Dance your heart out, make a difference
The world needs you, me, us
MOVE

Keri S. Smith

No comments: